Did you take a long weekend – away from your workout routine and healthy eating? Don’t feel guilty – it happens to all of us. So what should you do about it? Well – at least you should not feel guilty and you don’t have to give anything up to compensate. Rather, this week, try making 5 small improvements to your routines for a guilt free (post Labor Day) week! Yes, that’s right, you don’t have to give anything up!
Just make a few healthy choices for a better week ahead.
- INCREASE the weight that you lift at the gym this week. Challenge yourself with just a few more pounds as you do your squats, lunges, bench presses, rows, etc. You will shock your body – revving up your metabolism – and burn more fat.
- STEP UP your cardio workouts – alternate intervals of low to medium intensity with periods of high intensity. Or simply increase the length of your cardio program by 15%. This is totally manageable and exactly what you need this week – be sure to check out my blog archive for some sample interval and circuit workouts.
- EAT MORE fruits and vegetables – to cleanse your body and to fuel it with nutrients so that it does not crave fatty foods.
- EAT your dinner EARLIER and substitute unhealthy late night snacks with healthy alternatives (small apple, banana and almond butter, caffeine free tea).
- TAKE THE STAIRS, PARK your car FURTHER, RIDE YOUR BIKE to work, take a POWER WALK during lunch. Not only can you break up some of your daily rut, but you can burn a lot more calories and this will make you feel more accomplished.
Once you’ve added these 5 small changes to your week, you will feel less guilty and ready to incorporate some of them – perhaps permanently – into your life. Give it a try!