How do you get the arms you’ve always wanted?????
Shapely, toned and defined muscles of the arms, aka “guns” is not something only men strive for. Nowadays women, too, are more and more attracted to the athletic build and to the beauty of well sculpted arms!
So, how do you get some guns???
- Stay committed to your arms routine for at least 4-8 weeks. This is the average time for the muscles to adapt to new, imposed demands and to show results (of course, these will vary from individual to individual)
- Increase the weight that you lift. I know you’ve heard it before: If you are a woman, you won’t “bulk up” if you lift heavier weights – you will only be closer to making the “cut” you’ve always wanted!
- If you typically do 3 sets of 15-20 reps, change things up for 4-8 weeks. Do 4 sets of 12 repetitions to make that “cut”. (Remember, you should choose weights that you can barely lift 12 times with good form).
- Stick to the same routine for the 4-8 week period, to enable to muscles to adapt. As the routine gets easier, the results will be within reach.
- Continue to eat a healthy, well balanced diet, as the fat content in the body needs to be controlled for the muscles to be visible.
No time for cardio on top of all of this? Do some burst of cardio between you arms routine. After each exercise do 30 seconds of jumping jacks, 30 seconds of high knees, 30 seconds of mountain climbers, boxing kicks, burpees, jump rope, sprint etc. – then return to your exercises.
Sample super set routine
(exercises back to back for similar or same muscle groups)
- warm up – 5 minutes
- chest press (or push ups)
- chest flies
- bent -over rows
- reverse flies
- shoulder presses
- lateral raises to front raises
- triceps dips
- triceps kickbacks
- bicep curls
- hammer curls
Stretch all the muscles worked
As always, before starting this or any other exercise routine check with your doctor. Also if recovering for any type of injury or feeling any type of discomfort, do not start before getting medical clearance!!!
E-mail me your questions email@example.com and please feel free to send me requests for topics you would like to read on my website. Good luck and I’m looking forward to hearing about your great results!