I just made this soup yesterday and was amazed at how simple and quick it was to make!
At the same time is was healthy, filling and filled with daily vitamins.
So here is the list of ingredients:
- 2 OZ of small shaped pasta (I bought something that looked “cute”)
- 1 14 OZ can of diced tomatoes (in winter it’s better to go with canned then fresh, as they typically have no flavor right now)
- green beans ( a handful cut in half)
- 1 big leak (only white and light green parts)
- 1 zucchini sliced thin
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks sliced thin
- thyme (1tbs if fresh, .5 teaspoon if dried)
- 2 tbs of fresh basil
- 1 can of cannellini beans or white kidney beans
- 6 cups of chicken stock, water or a mixture of what you have (I did half stock, half water)
The cooking part is super easy…Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add all these veggies. Once the heat is up reduce to simmer, cover and let the vegetables “sweat” for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the stock, or water, tomatoes, herbs and seasoning. Cook for 30 minutes uncovered.
Finally add the can of beans (with liquid) and pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
Serve hot with parmesan cheese (optional) and parsley as garnish!
Enjoy and make sure to bring some leftovers the next day to work!!!!